Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sinking In...

Obviously, it's been a few days since I last posted THE NEWS.  I had to take some time to let it sink in.  I think I believe it now.


See, I really was NOT ready to share the news yet.  I have a process.  Big, life changing news is always a shock for me.  Whether I expect it or not!  It takes time for me to digest, come to terms with, and then accept whatever the change is. That's just how I roll. Plus, I am one to wait the requisite 12 weeks before spilling in case of a miscarriage and all the heartache that comes with explaining to everyone that you are no longer pregnant.  I can't stand all the drama and emotions! Ick.


The problem, it turns out, was my husband.  You know, the father of my child.  My other half.  My soul-mate.  The man I am chained too in every fashion until death does us part.  The one who did actually ask if he could tell anyone THE DAY I FOUND OUT! I said, most emphatically, "No! I just found out! I'm not ready!".  Like I said, I need my time and space to cogitate on the news.  Well, he then promptly got on the phone, called his parents, and told them I was knocked up.  I hadn't even told myself yet and here he was blabbing the news!


Then it became even worse.  While talking to his parents, they asked if they could immediately begin to impart the news to his side of the family.  When the man (whose name we do not speak - traitor) asked me (why bother now?) if this was okay, I replied, "No, I haven't even told my mom yet!"  He then calmly told his parents to go ahead and tell whomever they like...This same man (with the name we do not speak) then asked me why I had yet to tell my mom.  At this point I could barely refrain from screaming at the top of my lungs (in the vain hope that he might actually hear me this time, unlike the other 45 times he apparently missed my answer...) "BECAUSE I JUST FOUND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!"


I am not exaggerating people.  I had just peed on the stick not an hour earlier.  Seriously, not only had I just witnessed the amazing (and startling fast) appearance of the second line (it was instantaneous - no 3minutes for me - more like 2 seconds...) I was still pondering what the hell that second line actually meant.  You know what I am talking about.  You see the line and then you have to re-read the instructions just ONE MORE TIME in case this time the two lines actually mean negative.  Specially for me since I have like absolutely no symptoms when I am pregnant.  My menstrual cycle was late and I decided to check since I have been dieting lately and wanted to do some more.


So.  I am barely pregnant.  Already lots of people know.   I am already getting asked questions pertaining to due dates and the like.  (Really?  Im like 2 days along!  The baby is the size of a booger.  I am carrying a booger right now! I'll tell you when it gets a little bigger, ok?)  this is what happens when your husband spills the beans so early in the process!  The moral of this story is simple.  Don't tell your husband your knocked up until YOU are ready.  He was the first person I (immediately) told, but if there is a next time he just may be the last!

1 comment:

Emily grapes said...

HOLY COW!!!! Its OFFICIAL!!!!! And the fact that I had to get my detective skills out and search out your blog, read it and discover ON MY OWN the news. THE NEWS!! You have a booger growing inside you. How so stinking exciting. I will refrain from all pregnancy comments, questions and just down right inquiries until the booger is a peanut. How's that sound?!?! ;)

Congratulations, friend. I hope you maintain your health!!

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers