Monday, September 26, 2011

Divergent Emotions...

As any self respecting three-year-old should, my child is currently testing all his boundaries.  Fun.


It's been a weird experience for me.  I am so irritated and frustrated with him, yet on the other hand I am SO in love with him.  Sometimes he is being the biggest (and smartest) brat and I can't help but smile and just gaze in awe at him! These conflicting emotions are so strange.


I just love, love, love this little guy. It is hard to believe that this is my baby! He is growing so big and so intelligent and so independent.  Im not really sad at these changes, but I am amazed.  How could someone that came from my body and that is a part of me be so...so separate? He's becoming his own little person.


On one hand I am gritting my teeth and biting my tongue.  On the other I am staring at him with a silly, love struck grin on my face marveling at his ingenuity, insight, and long lashes. (He gets those from Daddy.  Wish I had a set myself.) He is such a joy and a blessing, even when he is pushing the limits.  I really do love being his Mommy.


Being a Mommy is such a cacophony of emotions.  Despite my horror at all things emotional, I'm really loving this trip!  Love, love, love my little guy!!!!  Hate, hate, hate the boundary testing :)-

1 comment:

Ana said...

awww.such a good mama Summer.

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers