Sunday, April 17, 2011

Coupons...

Once again, my mom was right.

I remember when I was growing up in LV I hated grocery day. I knew it would be a LONG day in the supermarket as my mom went isle by isle with her large stash of coupons. If we did't have a coupon for it, we did not buy it. We were very poor growing up and my mom was a coupon queen. Apparently, she was also ahead of her time!

When I grew up and flew the nest I shunned coupons. Having an innate dislike for coupons and the time involved in actually using them, I rarely clipped. Fast forward to now. Suddenly I find myself so much more conscious of our financial resources. I also find myself less impressed with name brands, peer pressure, fitting in, or having the nicest thing-a-ma-bob! I actually have begun to enjoy- ENJOY- the challenge of couponing. Yes, this could be attributed to my recent plunge into severe boredom in our new community and life, but no matter! The results are fantastic. I, the coupon shunner of old, am now intrigued by the idea that I can score items for free or drastically reduced prices. Who knew? (well, apparently quite a few people, but I really wasn't paying attention...)

With prices on gas and groceries skyrocketing and my natural inclination to be frugal (or cheap as some would call me) this couponing business is right up my alley! I cannot believe I have waited so long to join this cult movement. The best part is, there are so many blogs out there now that are doing all the work in finding the deals for me. I only have to read and match! AWESOME!

Once again, Mom, you were right. I am just wondering when the day will come when I always get to be right!

No comments:

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers