Monday, February 16, 2009

Imitation

The sincerest form of flattery!

I spend so much time playing with Riker and hanging out in his room that I often do things to entertain myself. You know, stave off the boredom. One of these self entertaining activities is throwing balls against the wall and catching them. Sometimes I throw them against the ceiling and catch them. It's just something to do. Doesn't take a lot of brain power, but keeps me busy :)

About a week ago, I noticed RJ doing the oddest thing. He would get one of his balls (we have MANY) and crawl up to the wall. After pulling himself up to a standing position, he would begin to pound the ball against the wall. He would do this over and over again. Next, he would sit down and stare up at the ceiling, raise the ball above his head and slap it into his other hand. Again, over and over. I kept watching him puzzled at his behavior when it finally just hit me. He was doing what he saw me doing. His version. It was SO cute!

Well, he has gotten better and better at doing it just like Mommy! I was pretty impressed. It was also a reminder. This little guy is watching me. Everything I do he wants to do. Whatever I eat or drink, he wants to eat and drink. Whenever I am reading, he brings over a book and wants to read. I need to be very careful of what I do and say because he is watching me. I want him to grow into a man of character, a man of God. In order for that to happen I must first be an example of character and Godliness! What a cute way for God to remind me of this responsibility :)

1 comment:

Ana said...

So true Summer...sometimes we forget about that BIG responsibility. He's a smartie that Riker...

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers