This past Wednesday I was at the store and saw some Earth's Best Organic Baby food.
On impulse I decided the grab a couple.
You never know when you might want to try some "real" food with the baby!
After all, KAP is way past 6-months-old.
So, the next day I decided to give KAP his first taste of real food.
I broke out a small jar of 1st foods banana.
Who doesn't love bananas right?
After a good nursing, I sat him in the high chair, wrapped him with a bib (a Bumkins bib of course! My favorite.), and prepared all my necessary tools.
(Those who have experienced introducing a baby to eating know what I'm talking about!)
With all my tools out and at the ready, I popped open the jar and put a tiny bit of baby food in KAP's mouth.
He ate the entire jar.
He ate 1/2 of another jar.
He DID try to grab the spoon 3 times and each time I just pushed his hands out of the way and gave him his bite. By bite number four he kept his hands out of the way.
Otherwise, he took to it like a duck takes to water.
No mess.
No protuding tongue.
No spit.
Nada.
There was a lot of humming.
Happy humming.



No comments:
Post a Comment