With great couponing comes great responsibility.
I got a lot of GREAT deals today. One of my favorites was at CVS.
This was my first foray into CVS and I must say I did quite well. Like Walgreens, their regular prices are RIDICULOUS, but their clearance prices and some sales are awesome!
Including tax, I paid $9.48 TOTAL for the following items:
-3 bottles of Nyquil ($6/each)
-2 boxes of Frosted Flakes (CVS brand $1/each)
-3 Seattles Best Coffees (2.50/each)
-2 Baby Gift Sets -shampoo/lotion/powder/wash cloth- ($7.30/each)
Thats a grand total of 10 items worth over $40.00 not including tax!
I also hit up Walgreens and Target. It was a very satisfying day. I LOVE it when I find deals and get a lot for just a little. When I returned home and my husband made mention of ALL the stuff I had purchased, it made me stop and think. He gets so nervous that I am going to start stock piling goods throughout the house, garage, and property. After all, I do come from a family of hoarders. But, you know what my favorite part of getting all this stuff is?
GIVING IT AWAY.
Yes, I have a few small stockpiles. We will be using toilet paper, razors, soap, and toothpaste as long as the world continues to turn. Stocking up when the price is right (or free) is good stewardship. Even so, there comes a point when we have more than we will reasonably need or can store. That's when I get to gather all these extras and take them to a local ministry that works with the homeless or another ministry that provides a free 'store' for people who are experiencing hard times and need help!
What a great feeling to know that we are financially in a place where I can go shopping, buy extra, and give it to others in need. I LOVE doing this. I love being generous. It makes me happy :)
P.S. There are many of us out there who coupon, not just to help out our families, but to help out others too! So, be nice to ladies with coupons. Haven't seen the new "Extreme Couponing" show, but I think it may be having a bad impact on the rest of us normal couponers. I've been getting some looks, comments, questions, and testy clerks lately! Ouch.



No comments:
Post a Comment