Sunday, June 26, 2011

First...

The past month has been filled with quite a few 'firsts' for Riker! I am a terrible mother, though, and have not been putting them all down for posterity.  It's been a very interesting time with him and I am torn between loving it and hating it (note previous post...)!


So tonight, during dinner I was really struck by this particular first time.  


RJ was relating his morning in nursery at church. We often are given a full, in depth, detailed reporting of whatever has gone on - whether we were there or not.  I am afraid he gets that from me :)  He was telling the story of a girl who got a boo-boo of some sort on her nose during nursery. (From his description I think it may have been a bloody nose)  He then proceeds to include his part of the dialogue. It was the first time he has ever told us a story where he inserted what he said and how he said it. RJ said, "and she had a red thingy on her nose and I looked (he acts out how he looked) and I said, 'ugh', (monotone, but apparently in sympathy) and she...." and on the long rambling story went. It was HILARIOUS. It was SO adorable. He uses his hands a lot to tell his stories.  Gets that from me too.


Sometimes, I just want to eat him up!

1 comment:

John and Ana said...

He is so much like you....

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers