Friday, June 4, 2010

Blue Juice

I do most of my grocery shopping at a small local market here. It carries the greatest selection of organic, whole, and all natural foods here in our small town. Almost 100% of RJ's food is organic and healthy, and I really try to limit his sugar intake (at home at least, church, school, friends homes, etc are a different story...). At the very front of this particular store - at the check out line - they have a very large selection of drinks, both healthy and unhealthy. On one bottom shelf sits a variety of cheap kid drinks in various bright (and im sure cancer causing) colors. The ingredients of this colorful drink? Water, high fructose corn syrup, coloring. Nice.
One of these options happens to be blue. Blue is RJ's favorite color. Its called "Berry Berry Blue". Riker could care less what flavor any drink is, if it is blue, its THE ONE. So, being the awesome (& cheap) mother that I am, I let him pick out a 'Blue Juice' as a treat when we check out. (On a cute side note - he usually picks me out a colored juice too. But never a blue one... Still, he is thinking of me). Lately, if he is gonna get a treat for some reason (and because I am totally bored being a single parent) we will drive over there just to purchase a 'Blue Juice'.

Today was one of those days. I gave him a dollar and let him pick out and purchase his treat. We hopped back in the car and headed home. I was listening to talk radio, so it took me a few potatoes to realize that RJ was singing! Huh? Riker singing? Whoa. This is a first. What was he singing? "Blah blah, yah, yah, boo jeeewwwwcccce. Yah,yah, blah,blah, booo jeeeewwwwwcce!" That was the entire refrain over and over and over again. It was absolutely ADORABLE and another first! After a few miles the song suddenly came to an abrupt end. I looked back to see RJ conked out in his seat. A whole half hour early for his nap. Thank you God!! :)

No comments:

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers