Thursday, May 28, 2009

Textures

Riker is a young man with texture issues. You see it mostly with food, but it crops up in other areas of his life as well. Recently, we have had issues with grass and mulch.

Around here the Tot Lots are filled in with mulch. You know, this keeps the kids from breaking bones but will stick you a good one when you fall in it. Well, RJ (as he is constantly doing these days...) stumbled on his way to the slide and landed bottom down in the milch. Being the brilliant mother I am... I just sat there and observed him from the Mommy bench. It's just mulch for cryin' out loud and this kid has got to learn to pick himself up and move on. Here was a prime opportunity for problem solving and getting up a little gumption. Alas, it was not to be. I left him there for 15 minutes and he absolutely refused to put his two grubby little hands on the mulch. He just whined, fussed, cried, and said "Ma!" a thousand times. Finally I cried uncle and went and gave him a hand to pull himself up with . Off he went- right back to sliding as if he had never stumbled into that awful nasty mulch in the first place.

Not two days later the young one was traipsing through the grass when he stumbled straight down on his tummy, spread eagle in the grass. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!!! Just imagine a person sky diving. You know how their arms, legs, and head are usually slightly bent behind there body due to the drag? Well, poor little RJ immediately threw his arms back and up, his legs up, and popped his chin as high in the air as it could go. The only thing touching the ground was his tummy! He looked like he was sky diving. It's just grass!!! He started hollering "MA!" over and over and crying like he had just skinned both knees and palms. He looked SO uncomfortable and hilarious I just had to rescue him.... but not before I had a good laugh!

No comments:

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers