Friday, October 17, 2008
A Tale of Two Teeth...
What a week! Riker started getting real weepy. He would just begin to cry for no apparent reason. Nothing would console him and it would last a couple minutes before abruptly ending. He then would carry on with whatever he had been doing at the time. Hmmm. Thats weird, but hey, these kids are nothing if not unpredictable! So on we continued and I would just patiently wait out these little bursts. Next, he became clingy and wanted only Mommy. Now, you have to know from all my previous going on and ons about my little angel that he so easy going and will go with anyone. He doesn't care who holds him as long as he is being held (the better to see everything...). Suddenly, he wanted me. ALL the time. Exhausting really and not my cup of tea. Weird. Hmmm. Additionally, he is beginning to wake multiple times during the night again. On top of that, he wants to nurse every time he does wake. Man, Im really getting tired now. Then on Sunday, for the first time ever, the nursery pages me. Riker is crying and since he has NEVER cried in nursery before they are at a loss. What?!? Are these amateur nursery workers? Anyhow, I go in and nurse him and then quickly leave. Monday rolls around and happily I attend MOPS, excited for some ME time. Im sure you can guess what happened. For the second time ever I am paged to the nursery. Riker is crying and cannot be consoled. The minute he gets in my arms he settles down, smiles at everyone, and promptly throws himself into nursing position..... Did the fun end there? NO. Next, he stops eating solid food. Period. Straight arms me anytime I go to feed him. Not even yogurt!?!?! {GASP!} YoBaby, his most favorite bites ever. Won't eat it. Nothing. Okay, I knew something was definitely up. I look in his mouth and I see two white, puffy ridges on his bottom gum. Teeth? Teeth!!!! YEA! It's about time. Now if only they would pop through so I could go back to sharing feeding duties with YoBaby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment