Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Beggars Can't Be Choosers...




Riker and I had a very serious discussion today. Seems he wasn't exactly thrilled with the outfit I chose to put him in after his bath. He honestly felt the outfit was "over the top" and a "sad pandering to the commercialization of our culture". Additionally, he pointed out that I was "essentially promoting bad eating behaviors" for himself and other infants who might see him.

The truth of the matter is approximately 95% of his clothes are used hand-me-downs from friends and yard sales. You can only be so choosy when you are not actually purchasing your own clothes. Am I right or what? While it may not be MY favorite choice either, it is clean and stain free. It gets the job done. Who cares that it is dizzily covered in MM's? So while he moped around for a few minutes, I, as any good parent would do, reviewed the Dave Ramsey Baby Steps for him. He is not only a "Rush Baby", but also a "Ramsey Baby" and will learn the value of a dollar by Jove! Now, before you berate me for putting my child in used clothing, know that eventually he came around to my way of thinking and is now cozily nestled on mommy's chest taking a nap....despite his outfit.


No comments:

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers