My baby shower was Sunday, June 24th at 2:00pm.
A women whom I met almost a year ago and who has become a really good friend was gracious enough to throw me this shower while my mom was here visiting!
Jenny was a wonderful, gracious hostess and her house was beautifully decorated for the shower! With some help from my friends Kate and Kif, she made this a special day for both my mom and I!
I have been so blessed with the friends I have made since we PCS'd here. God has shown me that no matter where the USAF takes us He can and will provide all we need.
Diaper cake with goodies by Kate.
This was AFTER most of the party favors had been taken :)
They were little containers of Blue, Light Blue, & Brown M&M's.
Some had a little monkey on top, others had a star that said, "It's a Boy!".
They were adorable.
Ok, now for some DORK...
The few days leading up to the baby shower had been tremendously hard on me in several ways. I was emotionally exhausted, depressed, and fragile.
A day I had been excitedly awaiting was now a source of anxiety and dread. I prayed that somehow I would recapture that excitement and really enjoy this special time.
God was good and used my friends and my mom to minister to my heart and make me feel special and loved. All the women that attended my shower were special to me in some way and I am grateful to each one for sharing this important time in my life!



No comments:
Post a Comment