RJ is asserting his independence in many ways these days.
In more ways then I care to recount as a matter of fact. (Seriously! The bossiness has got to stop.)
Today this asserting took a bizarre turn when RJ decided he was going to feed himself today. This began with me waking up to discover RJ with an apple and cheese. A favorite snack around here to be sure. Riker had retrieved himself a whole apple from the fridge as well as the entire block of cheese. He was happily munching on both. When I questioned Dad (who was up before I was...) he said he was puzzled, but had assumed I had given him the ENTIRE BLOCK OF CHEESE to nibble off of... Does this even deserve a comment? Yes, I regularly pull out an entire block of cheese for RJ to manhandle and nibble on for a snack...
Later in the day I was taking a shower when I heard the door open and close. I had a sneaking suspicion something was going on and called out to RJ. He brought to me a box of organic Mac N Cheese that had partially been opened. He wanted help getting it open. I gave him a little lecture about not making his own Mac N Cheese and sent him away so I could have some privacy. This was quickly followed by him bringing me another box of Mac N Cheese that he had been manhandling and demanded that I help him open it so he could have some. Exasperated, I told him to set down that box and leave the bathroom so I could PLEASE have some privacy. I also promised to feed him as soon as I was finished...
Upon getting out of the shower I discovered an open box of Annies Cheddar Bunnies in my bed with a spoon in the bag...




No comments:
Post a Comment