one of those days. You know what I mean. The kind where you wonder if anything else could possible go wrong. Well, today was one of THOSE days. I won't bore you with the trifles, but just let me tell you how it all started...
No. No. Better yet, let me preface this by saying that I ALWAYS keep the toilet lids closed in ALL the bathrooms. The better to avoid the drowning scenarios they like to scare you with on shows like Oprah. Even at night, when I awake in the middle of the night, I will put the lid down after I am finished.
This morning when Riker woke me up I did not stop by my bathroom first as is my usual custom. I made a beeline for the baby and ignored my needs (this would catch up to me in more ways than one...) So when I entered my bathroom this morning, RJ in tow, to begin preparing my skin, hair, and teeth... I never even glanced the way of the commode. No worries there. Routine is my middle name. I swiftly made my way through my (lack of) beauty routine. As I was brushing my teeth I happened to glance in the mirror and see the back of RJ's head. He was at the toilet. No big deal. No cause for panic. Its always closed and he knows 'the rules'. It then hit me like a ton of bricks. I did not remember closing the lid. Upon closer scrutiny i realized that RJ was not only quiet and occupied (a sure sign of trouble), but that he was peering over into the toilet bowl.
I quickly spun around and lurched towards my son at the same moment he glanced up and proudly held up to me a fist of soggy toilet paper. (Somewhere in my mind I vaguely noted with relief that his binky was still in his mouth and safe.) Otherwise, my eyes were bulging in horror at the mess I witnessed I'm front of me as RJ began to happily wave the soggy mess back and forth like it was one of his favorite toys! He giggled and talked around his binky the whole time he was splashing pee water all over the place. His long shirt sleeve was soaked up to the point he had submerged his little hand into the water. I reacted swiftly and grabbed his waving paw croaking out the word "No!Nonononono!". (Hey, HE was enjoying himself and had no idea what I was all uptight about.) In the end we both needed a little clean up and the bathroom had to be cleaned...eventually. That's how my day started and, really, it was only downhill from there :)



No comments:
Post a Comment