Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Preferences...

Well, i think it's absolutely amazing how these kids come out with their likes and dislikes already entrenched in their little psyches. I mean, how else do you explain that Riker chose...CHOSE!...his Avent binkys! This was against mommys wishes as I had tried hard to steer him towards the soothie binky. I only wanted whats best for him, but he has a mind of his own, little as it is. Isn't God amazing?
So, I thought I would share with you (mostly for the sake of his doting grandparents who are actually interested in this kind of information...) a little of Rikers current likes/dislikes in his new world of 'real' food :)

Likes....
  1. Sweet Potatoes
  2. Carrots
  3. BANANAS!!!!!
  4. Any kind of YoBaby Yogurt!!?!?!?! (I find this SO strange. The stuff is like candy for him. He LOVES his yogurt and will eat the entire container + cereal anytime. I mean, yogurt! Who would have thought!)
  5. Baby MumMums

Dislikes...

  1. Apple sauce
  2. Gaucamole
  3. Pears
  4. Prunes
  5. Green Beans
  6. Sweet Peas

Now, like any good parent, I do try to sneek some disliked foods in by mixing them with the foods he loves. Mostly to save money and not waste food I bought. Organic is stinkin exspensive!! Even so, this kid can sniff out a green bean from a mile away and will NOT eat it. Period. All in all I cannot complain as Riker has taken to eating like a real champ. I have the hope that he will someday, before he's 2, stop nursing! Now that is something to look forward too! Although at this point, he is still nursing a lot AND eating a lot. I wish I had that kind of metabolism..he obviously does not get that from me :)-

1 comment:

Ana said...

Count your blessings that you have a good eater Summer.

Ben lives off guacamole, mac n'cheese, chicken pot pies, oatmeal, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas and vegetable pizzas...that's it. period. Absolutely hates any kind of fruit (the Dr. is actually letting me count his blueberry cereal bar as a serving of fruit). He does love his yogurt though. He hates milk and HATED breastfeeding. Sounds like Riker is quite the boobie baby.

Ana

My Husband ROCKS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

The Future Hall of Fame QB is...

The Crumb Catcher is...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers